Ah… It’s summer time. You put off training in the winter because you were too busy, spring caught up to you, summer is almost over and you are back at square one.
This is a reoccurring theme that I witness every year. I have people that come to me in complete desperation because they waited too long to make a change, or their physician gave them “bad news.” I am here to let you know that shedding weight can be easy if you have a plan and actually commit to it. Now, it will take hard work and dedication. You have to really know yourself and make realistic goals. With that being said, I hope that this “What to do” list helps you get started on your journey (and stick to it)!
What To DO!
Maximize these things:
- Fresh fruits & vegetables (speeds up the metabolism & eliminate toxins)
- Water, water, water (this IS your natural appetite suppressant… no need for more supplements!)
Minimize these items:
- Refined flour products, fast foods & junk foods
- Fats in meat, dairy products (milk, cheeses, butters), and salad oils (unless they are made yourself with EVOO or a high quality oil)
- Starchy foods, breads, corn, parsnips, potatoes (white), squash. Sweet potatoes are better alternative, but should be eaten sparingly.
Eliminate these items:
- Sugar (processed white) & artificial sweeteners
- Fried foods (no more fried anything)
- Artificial food additives
- Food allergies & intolerances (eggs, milk products, and gluten)
Other Recommendations for you:
- Replace empty calorie drinks & snacks w/nutrient rich smoothies
- Eat fruit between meals for optimum digestion & to discourage snacking on inappropriate foods
Following these guidelines along with a good exercise program will help you along your way. Remember consistency is key. Stay motivated and dedicated to your mission. It’s never too late to get your SWAG back!
Here’s to YOUR Health!